After a much needed break from blogging… I’m back. Things just got too crazy (in a good way) at home to even find time or worry about blogging. I’m apologizing right now to Elle who will one day read this and wonder what in the world happened for a few months while I decided to go on a blog break. Looking back to try and update, our lives were so busy, it’s all a blur to me, so we will just keep moving forward.
This past week, we FINALLY received Elle’s social security card…Everything is DONE…COMPLETE… there’s nothing left to do but continue loving this beautiful little girl each and every day. We are about 2 months shy from our Journey to Elle’s 4th anniversary… and I wouldn’t change a thing. The past 4 years had so many ups, downs, lefts, rights, jumps, falls, bumps, bruises, scars… and as I’m holding my “not so much of a baby anymore”… it really all makes sense.
Vietnam, Korea and Jung all remain very close to my heart. I learned so much about Vietnam and completely feel in love with their rich culture. I hope someday I can travel to Vietnam and see firsthand all the breathtaking wonders within Vietnam. Jung remains close to my heart, I think about her often, and pray she is happy, healthy, and loves her forever family. I still have pictures of Jung I look at every now and then, as weird as it sounds, when I look at her, I don’t see the same little girl I saw when I “thought/hoped” she would become my daughter. I see a beautiful little girl that give me strength, hope and lead me to my daughter Elle. Jung will forever be a part of me.
So, what’s new in our world??? We are done with basketball, which frees up 3 nights a week plus the weekends. Austin and Ryan are continuing confirmation classes on Wednesday nights and we have just recently started the boys in Taekwondo…. I know… it’s always something. Taekwondo class started because Owen wanted to be a Power Ranger, aka learn to fight. I know what you are thinking…. lets just hope it doesn’t back fire on us . BTW… Everybody but Owen has started Taekwondo, Owen must need more time… go figure!
Elle continues to be a gems, learning so much each day, and taking it all in…. and in our house, there is A LOT to take in. This past week Elle broke one of my vases, I just put the broken vase back where it was, to remind us all we have curious kids. I plan on keeping this vase and when she gets married I will re-gift it to her to display proudly in her house and hopefully one day (a long long long time from now) when she has kids it can be a reminder that kids will be kids… and shit happens.
I will post pictures soon… promise!
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Welcome back!
Little Elle is Blessed to have such loving parents. I'm glad it worked out for you guy's. Jason B.
Post a Comment