Sunday, October 18, 2009

Another Busy Weekend

Apple Apples Apples

Saturday morning Elle and I made apple filling with fresh apples right off the tree. Elle sat on the counter and played with apples all morning. She learned real fast if you let go of the apple it falls on the floor leaving you nothing to play with or hold. She thought she was such a big girl and loved the finish product.... yummy! ELLE LOVES APPLES... well at least apple filling with 4 cups of added sugar.


Saturday Night- Haunted Corn Maze

Saturday night The Bruce's invited us to head out the the Haunted Corn Maze for a spooky night out. Chris worked this weekend so he volunteered to stay at home with the little ones and get to bed early. 3 adults, 6 freshman, 1 eight grader, 2 sixth graders and 1 forth grader headed to the corn maze. We got there about 830pm and stood in line for two hours. Temps were in the mid to low 30's, so a little chilly, but nothing unbearable as long as you dressed for the weather. I think only 4 of the kids with us wore a winter jacket (my two and the Bruce's two younger ones) all the others just had on sweatshirts (hoodies) one girl even had FLIP FLOPS on. After spending 3 hours outside I don't think she could feel her toes by the time we got back into the van. The Haunted Corn Maze was a blast, it was fun, scary, entertaining, and I would defiantly go back. Nothing like being chased in the dark through 12 foot high corn by ghost, zombies, dead brides and scary clowns; all running after you with chainsaw, axes, knifes and machetes...what a rush! On the way home we attempted to do a Chinese Fire Drill. We were in the country and pulling up to a four way stop, all the kids were pushing on the doors to escape and all the sudden a cop appears, I'm saying NO NO NO and one kids thought I said GO and jumped out of the van. So he ran solo for the Chinese Fire Drill. The Bruce's were in front of us and their van full didn't misunderstand NO for GO. Anyways, of course the cop pulled us over. I think he was glad to see an adult in the car and no drinking was involved. He asked the typical questions, and then told us not to do anymore Chinese Fire Drill in the County to wait until we were in the city. I was hoping that was his dry humor, obviously we picked that spot because there were no other cars and the kids would be "safe". To make a long story short the second attempt at the Chinese Fire Drill was successful. Who knew you could have so much fun with a bunch of kids!

1 comment: