Monday, October 12, 2009

Elle- Bathroom-Family-Updates

Elle's Update:
WOW, what a week and weekend. So much has been going on and we are truly living a Controlled Life of Chaos. Wow, where do I start??? First, HAPPY ½ BIRTHDAY to ELLE, my precious little girl is 6 months old (I will post pictures in a few days). Unfortunately, I do have an update on Elle's weight, as of Friday she weighed 16lbs 11.5oz. We had to take her to the doctor's because green snot was pouring from her little nose, her eyes were red and puffy and she was just miserable. The doctor prescribed an antibiotic to help with the nose and for her ears which were a little pink. By Sunday, Elle was feeling much much better, still a lot of drainage, but she was happy and happy is GOOD.
Elle continues to grow at rapid speeds and I have come to the conclusion she is trying to keep up with her brothers… already. This past week she decided to eat more foods, so I have been giving her oatmeal mixed with juice… yummy! She rolls to get here and there, starting to make more sounds, loves to blow raspberries, and tries to copy you. The biggest thing I have noticed this past month is Elle is starting to play with toys; she will reaches for them and she plays. Elle still sleeps pretty well, her morning nap has shorten to about an hour and her afternoon nap is about 2 hours. She continues to go to bed anytime after 7:00pm and will stay asleep until 7am on most nights.

Bathroom Update:
I will say, I have impressed myself on my bathroom remodeling skills. When I started this project, I was 97% sure I could do it. Honestly, I was more worried about my marriage then the end result of the bathroom. I'm a perfectionist and Chris is a "it will do" type of person. There is major tension in the room when hanging a simple picture up and here I am tiling a shower and floor. Surprisingly, there was no drama, no @#$% words and no rolling of the eyes, Chris had his job, to cut tiles (and per Chris, I held the bucket, stirred mortar and measured) and I had my job, to do everything else but measure and hold the bucket. We are not completely finished with the bathroom, but we have all but 6-7 tiles to mortar down and then we need to grout and seal.

Family Update:
Well, for the next 6 months (at least) I have a full time husband. Their was an opportunity for Chris to switch from working nights to days and I forced him to take it (again, Chris's words). Maybe the night shift was better... Mister keeps adding his two cents in :) :). Anyways, so far I like having him home for dinner, extra help with homework, able to kiss the kiddos good night and so forth. However, with the good comes bad, and there has been a lot of changes to our routine. Chris gets up for work at 430am and leaves the house by 515am, which means I have to make sure everybody is up, dressed, eaten, on the bus, backpacks ready for preschool and get myself ready by 715am. Then, once I get to work I only work a few hours because I have to leave to pick Cody and another little boy up for preschool (we carpool), then I head back to work until 330-400pm. Tired yet? Hope not, because then we I get home I have to lay down the law and get Austin and Ryan to start working on homework, start dinner, run kids to practice, confirmation classes, drivers ed (starting in a few weeks), love-cuddle-kiss-feed and hold my little Elle Belle all while trying to tame the two Indians (Cody and Owen) running around my house dressed like Superman fighting each other with their pretend lightsabers. Finally, 620pm... Daddy's home! We spend some time together and then off to bed by 9am so our day can start all over again... at 430am!

1 comment:

Carol and Barry said...

OMG, Lynae, I think I need a nap, your schedule tires me out!!! Thank God Elle sleeps through the night (I'm jealous). Can't wait to see those pictures of Elle. I can't even believe how big she is getting. Maddy is a porker, I'm guessing she is at least 9 to 10 pounds. We'll find out for sure at her 2-month check up next week. Give that little munchkin a big smooch for me!