Just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to all you mommy's out there. We had a great lunch today at our house- Chris' parents, both grandma's, and one of his uncle's were all there to chow down. Today was one of those days I wish I lived closer to my family... sniff sniff. Enough about Mother's Days.... now for some Elle news....
Elle had a rough night last night. She developed a cough, and started breathing funny- as if she wasn't getting enough air. Anyways, I was tossing the idea around of taking her to the ER but told myself if she got worse I would. Anyways, I stayed awake all night holding little Elle upright. About 3am Elle started to stop breathing... scary... She would go about 5 second and I would poke her and she would start breathing again. Finally about 5am Chris woke up and took over Elle duty so I could sleep a few hours. I woke up at 8am so I could take her to the Urgent Care Clinic at 9am when they opened. So, to sum up the visit, the doctor had a hard time deciding if we should go to the ER right then or just hang tight and take her if she got worse. He did say either way she needed to be seen Monday because her right ear was a tiny bit pink. So, after going back and forth about the ER, he decided since I was not a first time mom, that we could go home, but if anything changed to take her in. So we went home. About 4pm, I noticed she was doing the stop breathing thing again, but I also noticed she had green crap coming out of her eyes... nasty! So, I told Chris, I think we should go! So, we got to the ER and they did what they do- blood work, chest x-ray, and stated her right is was very red, and they admitted her. After what seemed like forever, we finally got into our room and the doctor came in about 11pm and checked her, he said that both of her ears were very red. It's crazy to think how quickly their health can change. For now, they are treating her for RSV. We are waiting for blood work to see if anything else needs to be addressed. We are here for at least 48 hours. I will update you tomorrow to let you know how Elle is doing. They have finally started her IV, after three failed attempts and she should start to receive some very strong meds shortly.
Much Love
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Praying for Elle!!!!!
OMG, I hope she is doing better soon. Poor little thing.
Love and kisses to all! You can do it!! It's in your genes. Chris is a workhorse, too! Together you make a great team. Sorry I'm not there to help.
Love - Pappy
Post a Comment