Good news, we went all night without oxygen. The doctor hasn't come in this morning, but I have a good feeling Elle will be able to go home today!
Update... doctor just left and Elle gets to come home!! Thank goodness, I about lost it last night. They have Elle hooked up to about 7 different things and each thing has it's own wire. Somebody explain to me how we can fly a man to the moon, pigs hearts in humans, cloning, ect ect, and we can get wireless things for monitoring. Anyways, they pre-set the machines and if a certain level drops below a certain number the room alarm goes off and doesn't stop going off until her level is back where it needs to be. However, if the levels continues to drop pass another predetermined number, then the alarm gets louder and the nurse is paged. Anyways, last night, the first alarm kept going off and I was trying... key word, trying to sleep. Elle had been awake from 2am-6am and all I wanted to do was sleep. So, several times during the 2am-6am I had called the nurse and asked her to turn off the alarm and she would come in and adjust something and it would shut off and then a few minutes later it would go off again. I finally lost it, I call the nurse and say, "turn the alarm off, I have no clue why you have an alarm going off that you are not going to respond too, set the alarm to the setting that if it goes off you will respond." Anyways, the alarm stopped going off. Seriously, why have an alarm on something if you don't need too.
That's all for now! I will update you later and post a few pictures of Elle. Thanks to all the emails, phone calls and prayers. We love you.
Chris, Lynae and Elle
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for keeping us posted. Sending our continued love and prayers....Linell
Post a Comment