Monday, April 20, 2009
Day Eight-Started Out Great.. Now It Stinks
Elle and I started the morning off great. We woke up, hung out and got ready for our outing to Elle's doctors. The doctor's didn't go so well. Elle has lost weight, 2 oz. I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but he did. Elle also has thrust. So we scheduled another appointment for Wed AM and went to pick up her prescription. I was waiting for the shuttle to pick me up and Chris called stating we had clearance to come home! I was so excited, I just stood there and cried. I got back to the hotel, booked my flight and packed within an hour. My flight was leaving at 4pm so I needed to be at the airport no latter than 230. It was 140pm and it takes 30-40 min. to get to the airport. Anyways, I got everything taken care of and we were off to the airport. First flight great, Elle slept the entire time. Second flight great, Elle slept the entire time... until we started to land and a huge storm blew into Cincinnati. So we circled and circled and then we got diverted to Kentucky to refuel. An hour later we were headed back to Cincinnati. Nobody on our plane or any other plane that was diverted or kept circling the airport made their connecting flights. The tower let all the delayed and scheduled flights take off before allow any late flight to land. I can not even began to tell you how mad I was. I got off the plane and the stupid lady... yes, stupid rude lady said here is your hotel, we gave you a discount. I told her I needed my baggage and she stated it would be forwarded to Cedar Rapids. I say, "No, I need my baggage, I have a 1 week old baby and I don't have enough formula to get her home tomorrow." Ma, there is nothing I can do. " Yes there is, you get my bag, I need it." Finally, after 45 minutes she went and got my bag. Seriously, I have a newborn, if I was traveling by myself, yes I could wear the same nasty, stinky clothes one more day. So, me and my entire flight are staying at the dumpiest hotel possible. What a day....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment