Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day Four

Last night was not a good night. Ellle woke up about 10pm and cried off and on until 5am. No idea why, she had a low-graded fever, so we think she just didn't feel well. This morning we got up, gave Elle a bath, and got ready for our first outing. We headed to the doctor's for Elle's check up. She weighed in at 6lbs 6oz and 19.5 inches long. However, I suggested subtracting 1oz after Elle pooped all over the doctor's table. The doctor said Elle looks great and is a healthy little girl. We have another appointment on Monday, if she continues to do so well we won't have any other appointments until we get back home. Chris leaves tomorrow morning so we thought since we were out we might as well pick up a few things. We headed to FedEx to notarized, copy, and mail our final paperwork for the adoption. Target to pick up formula, wasted trip, they only had one can. So we headed to Wal-Mart and got what we needed. We ended our outing with a nice lunch at Mimi's.

We are staying in a very nice area in North Atlanta. I have lost count of all the BMW, Jaguars, Porsche and Mercedes we have seen. I saw a sign advertising townhomes for sale in the Low $300,000.00. Crazy.

Just some stuff /events that have happened so far:
Our bank card was flagged as "hot". When we called the fraud line they stated we had unusual activity on the account. At this point in time we had only used our card a few times for gas and hotel deposit, all totalling under $500.00. The guy I talked to, said "we tried to call you at home, but you never answered." Duhhhh, we were driving. So moral of the story, make sure your bank knows when you are going out of town... oh wait... we did that... moral of the story, make sure you baby-sit your bank and wait at the bank until they note your account.

There were a lot of funny moments on our outing this morning. At the doctor's office this morning another mom walks over to Chris and I and said, "congrats, she is so pretty, I can't believe her hair is so dark and her skin is a very pretty olive color." We just smiled and said thank you. So you know what she was really thinking... was wow, there is no way that could be his baby, I wonder what she was doing 9 months ago. I bet she never considered adoption. O-well, it might have been the first but surly not the last.

Here is a funny one... want to feel skinny?... walk around with a newborn baby and watch the reactions from other people. They just walk up to you and want to look at the baby and after that they comment on how well you look for just delivering, some people have even added details of their condition after birth...finally after a few smiles and thank yous, we started telling people we had adopted her. I just couldn't listen to another story of birth or recovery.

I do kind of feel like I'm in Texas, everybody down here say Ya'll, they have sweet tea on the menu, it's soda and some how drivers can flip their cars during rush three hour traffic going 3MPH... yes that's 3.
Until Tomorrow....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting pictures every day. I look forward to ending my day with a little bit of Elle...oh, and you guys too, of course! She's is just so cute. I can't wait to see her in the flesh.

Angela

Carol and Barry said...

Elle is adorable. Thanks for all the pictures, we love them. I know what you mean about the questions when in public. We also resort to just telling them we adopted, that seems to stop them dead in their tracks. If we could only read their minds, huh!!! When my daughter is out with us, they think Kaden is her baby and we're the grandparents and they even come out and ask that. Sometimes, I'd like to just wear a sign saying, yes, I'm the mom!!!! I look forward to continue following your journey and pray that all goes smoothly for the next several days. Give Elle a big hug and kiss for me!!!
Love,
Carol