Monday, April 13, 2009

Day One- The Phone Call

A pretty crazy day. 11:33am I get a phone call at work from American Adoptions wanting to talk to us about a match. I didn't really think much about it. When she stated she wanted to conference Chris in, I was like, OMG she is serious. She told us general information, and the specifics of the match. Towards the end of the call she mentioned the baby was born yesterday, Easter Sunday, and we needed to be in Georgia by tomorrow when the baby is released from the hospital. I think we were both in shock, neither one of us showed any excitement, we were both like hummmmm. Anyways, we hung up and that's when it got crazy. I can't describe everything going thru my mind, I was trying to finish up at work, but that wasn't going so well. I finally got out of there at 2pm and headed home. We still had a lot to do before we could leave. Thankfully, Katie was able to stay with the kids. So, within the next 4 hours we went to the bank, returned some stuff at bed, bath, and beyond, picked up a pizza for dinner, packed, and gave Katie a crash course of The Life of 4 Crazy Boys, something that has taken me 11 years to learn, and she seemed to soaked it up in a mater of hours. So, here we are it's 845 pm and we are on the road driving. We should be in Georgia about 7am. The BM is signing papers at 1130am (1030am our time) We hope to get to Georgia, find a hotel and get check in and then go see the baby. I'm sorry for everything I dumped on my co-workers and we are thankful for our friends and family that are willing to bend over backwards to help us on such short notice... thank you. We will keep you posted as often as we can. Everything is happening so fast. We have dreamt of this day but never thought we would see it. It has always been somebody else's story and now THIS IS OUR STORY.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!! I am so excited for you guys! Here I am at work, just checking my e-mail, when I see these pictures of a beautiful little baby girl! Unfortunately I can't access your blog from work (restricted), so I had to bust a move to daycare to get Karli and then straight to my mom's where we got into the blog and read your post. I cannot believe she is finally here! I hope you are loving your little girl and enjoying every moment. I look forward to seeing you all when you get settled.

Angela

P.S. My mom says she's beautiful and congratulations!

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!!!!!!!
It is YOUR turn for YOUR journey to your daughter. We are sooo happy for you guys!!!!!! She is stunning....we cannot wait to meet the sweetie!!!!
:)
Love and Hugs!
Linell