I only have one day left to wrap up all my projects I started this summer. Ryan should be coming home on Sunday and Austin returns on Monday. Monday afternoon, Tuesday and Wednesday are packed full of "must do's" for Austin and Ryan. My goal was to have all projected completed before Austin and Ryan came home.
Project 1: Master Bathroom- I would say it is 95% complete and 100% usable. The only "stuff" left to do in the bathroom are minor things- I wanted to replace the two sink facets, toilet paper holder and put up some art/picture above the toilet.
Project 2: Master Bedroom- 90% complete and 100% usable. The master bathroom came out wonderful. I love the color of my walls, with the contrast of the furniture, with the colors of the bedding... it's all just very pretty. I'm still on a hunt for a small, black, simple wooden desk and some art for the walls; so really, nothing major is needed. We have the computer set up on the card table for now, and we are doing just fine.
Project 3: Cody and Owen bathroom- 0% complete and 100% usable. I was really looking forward to recreating Cody and Owen's bathroom. However, I couldn't find exactly what I wanted; I want a bright, fun bathroom that is gender neutral and not babyish. So, I'm still looking for the right shower curtain. I will keep you posted.
Project 4: The Basement- There are two areas of my house I have not liked since moving in, the basement and our front living room. When we bought our house the basement was a bright lime green and light purple color, not exactly paradise for Austin and Ryan. So we turned their bathroom into a Hawkeye bathroom, decorated and painted each of their rooms, but in the hallway and family room we just covered up the green with a light gray color. It didn't look bad, but with the plain walls and mismatched furniture, it just wasn't a place I wanted to hang out. So, I started painting. The idea was to make another nice living area that we could enjoy. I know what you might be thinking, why do you want another living area when we have two living rooms on the main floor. Well, the main reason is it's about 10-15 degrees cooler in the basement. We don't run our A/C much now, but we could run it a lot less if we spent more time in the basement. We are going to start looking for a sectional and then mount a large flat screen on the wall, very simple, but nice, and hopefully we will all enjoy our time down there. Anyways, back to painting. I painted the staircase and the hallway a light tan and the main living area a very classy brown. It looks so nice, it's amazing how color can change a room. I walk down to the basement now and I don't cringe, it's very warm and welcoming. I still have a little painting left to finish and I'm hoping to get it done tomorrow, but that would mean talking a field trip with the kids to Lowe's to get another can of paint. So, we will see how adventuress I'm feeling tomorrow!
Project 5: The front living room- the furniture is gone, but we have done nothing with the room. I'm in no hurry to get this room finish because I really want to put some thought into it and make it stand out. We have a few ideas, but nothing set in stone. I will keep you posted.
It's getting late and I have a busy day tomorrow! Good night and much love!
Friday, August 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment