Sunday, August 16, 2009

It would be Iowa without a....

SWEET CORN FESTIVAL

PS. I sent Austin to get everybody sweet corn and he had his eaten before he got back. I'm sure if you blow up the picture you might see it still in his teeth~ LOL.

Me and two of my friends decided to load up all the kids and head to the Sweet Corn Festival. Not sure what the other dads were up to today, but Chris had his fantasy football draft. Anyways, I loaded up all 5 kids and we were on our way. I think this was my first outing with all 5 kids by myself. Well, I wasn't really by myself, I had friends there, but you know what I mean. Anyways, we had a great afternoon- bingo, rides and corn, it couldn't get any better. All the kids were very good, had lots of fun and ate all their corn. I even let Elle suck on a piece of corn, I didn't think she should miss out on all the fun. Plus, her doctor said at 4 months I could start her on food. Maybe that's not what the doctor meant...o-well, she loved it, and cried when I took the corn away and gave it back to Cody. Cody made the comment, "mine has lots of butter." I did my best not to laugh, but all I kept thinking was that's probably not butter, a better guess would have been Elle's drool.

No comments: