Sunday, August 30, 2009

Weekend Fun

We had a pretty busy weekend- didn't do much, but I do know I got very little sleep and got alot of the crappy work/chores I have been needed to do done. Saturday night Chris and I went to dinner... alone... and then hooked up with a few friends. Our Nanny starts this next week and thought we would let her hang out with the kids for a few hours before throwing 8 hours at her on Tuesday.



Avocados and Peaches... Yummy
We tried food today with Elle. I figured her doctor said at 4 months to start cereal, and since Elle is almost 5 months and we have a doctors appointment next week I better follow the doctors orders. I decided to start with Avocados and Peaches. After the initial shock of food (reference first picture) she seemed to like it... kind of. I would say she maybe ate 5-6 bites of each and gave up! She was getting tired and already hungry, the last thing she wanted to do was eat food.

Tutu Fun
My new craft project. I try and think ahead and I knew when Elle turned 6 months old I wanted to get her picture taken in a little tutu without a shirt on and a pretty bow in her head. As I started to look for tutu's I couldn't believe how much people were charging to make them. The average price was between $20-$40 and I even saw one for $100.00. Crazy... there were a few cheap ones around $10-$14, but the quality was not there and they only used one layer of tulle, so the tutu was flat.... boring. Anyways, there was no way I was paying that kind of money for something I thought... key word... thought I could make. I headed to the fabric store and got the stuff I needed to make Elle's tutu. End result, it came out great, super cute, perfect, and only took about 15 minutes to make! Now, I have people asking me to make them left and right, and willing to pay for them. So, I have been making and selling them starting at $15.00. The price can increase if you want flowers, jewels, etc attached to the tulle.
Mommy and Me Pictures...
Do you think they look like me?
God's Little Princess
My aunt bought Elle this cute onesie when she was just a newborn and I remember when I saw it, I said something along the lines of what a cute onesie, but it going to be forever before she can wear it. It looked soooo big. Well, it only took 4 1/2 months, Elle looked so cute in her outfit, and the wording on the onesie is nothing but the truth.

No comments: