Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Emotional Day

Today was an emotional day. The attorney handing our adoption finalization in Iowa called me today and said she was working on our petition to file with the courts to finalize our adoption and needed some additional information. Basically, she needed a list of our expense for the entire adoption process and what name we had chosen for Baby Girl M. Here I am at work talking to this lady and tears were running down my face. Now, back up 4-5 months, when AA called and told us of the match, I totally choked up, had watery eyes, but more in shock and trying to proceed optimistically, but cautiously. Once we got to the hospital, they stuck us in this little room where time stood still. After what felt like forever a nurse walked in with the most beautiful little angel and placed her in my arms. This little angel open her eyes and we just stared at each other, at that moment, I knew this child I was holding was my daughter. However with all the excitement I never cried, I thought it was odd, but I just told myself I was tired and still in shock, which was probably most of it. Anyways, I can't tell you how many people have asked the question, Has it sunk in yet? Does it feel real? Can you believe this is all happening? I always answered NO. I never had a defining moment of Holy Crap, I have a daughter. Anyways, fast forwarding back to today, I hung up the phone and I'm just sitting there at my desk with tears running down my face. I'm thinking to myself, OK, I haven't cried this entire process, and an attorney calls me up and says she is working on the petition for finalization and here I am crying. I've come to the conclusion, that there is something wrong with me. Just joking. I think... this entire process from Vietnam to Korea to Georgia has been such an emotional roller coaster to finally have it end, the book closed, to hear the judge's ruling, for Baby Girl's official name to be Elle Maire, to see Chris and Lynae written on the birth certificate as Elle Marie's parents and to look at each other and be so thankful we never gave up our dream of having a daughter. So, to answer your question, YES... I think it is finally starting to sink in, that Baby Girl, soon to be Elle Marie, is our daughter and she is apart of this family... FOREVER!

Much Love

2 comments:

Reuter Family said...

Congratulations Chris and Lynae!!! This has been a long time coming and so very worth the wait and pain. Elle is a beauty!

Pam

Anonymous said...

Sniff, sniff.
It has sunk in, she is yours! You finally found her!
:)