So after my not so exciting day today, I've decided I'm gonna have to sale a kidney... any takers? This morning I took Austin and Ryan to school to register for the up coming year. The entire time I was there I still couldn't believe I was registering Ryan for 6th grade. It really doesn't seem possible and plus, I was feeling kind of old, until I looked at the lady next to me, I guess people really do have babies when they are 70. Anyways, within 30 minutes, I had written 3 checks and spent $300.00... who said public education was free... that's a joke. Anyways, next stop, Ryan's ortho appointment. We all know Ryan doesn't have perfect teeth and after this appointment he might never have perfect teeth... just joking. Anyways, ortho estimate $7500.00... I know what you are thinking... holy shit... yep, I think those were my exact words too, I was in shock and I'm hoping I said those words to myself and not out loud. Anyways, it's a two phase process, the first phase they will be putting in an appliance to help correct his bite and they might put braces on the top front four just to straighten them up a little. He will wear this for about a year and then phase 2, a complete set of brand new sparkling braces!
So before you go to bed tonight, please say a prayer for my other kids. Pray they have their dad's teeth and not their mom's. With three kids left that might need braces, we only have one more kidney we could possilbe sell for the next set. :) :)
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yep, I know exactly what you mean about school definitely NOT being free. Tyler is just starting Kindergarten and just from school supplies (and supplies for the classrom?) and school clothes I had to take out a small loan. Okay, not really. But, not looking forward to the cost with further educating him down the line. Homeschool anyone?
Post a Comment